Oil pulling is an Indian folk remedy, which has been long used to detoxify and rejuvenate the gums and teeth. Simply put, this simple practice can literally transform your dental health in no time!
At this point, most people are familiar with this practice, but not everyone is eager to try it out. Well, if you are interested in learning more about it and why you should try it as soon as possible, read on!
Simply, all you have to do is to swish unrefined oil in your mouth, just like you would do with a mouthwash. The choice of oil depends on your needs, but you need to make sure that the oil is unrefined and high quality.
While oil pullers traditionally used sesame oil, most people turn to coconut oil these days, due to its whitening, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and enzymatic properties.
The process of oil pulling removes harmful bacteria, toxic matter, and parasites from the mouth and the lymph system, while eliminating congestion and mucus from the throat and loosing up the sinuses.
It also re-mineralizes the teeth and strengthens the gums by cleansing the area. If using coconut oil, you get the added benefit of killing off bacteria that may be living in the mouth, which in turn leaves healthy strains.
To sum up, oil pulling provides a wide range of benefits, including the following:
- Reducing harmful bacteria in the mouth, such as Streptococcus mutant bacteria
- Reducing bad breath
- Reducing plague and plaque-induced gingivitis
- Whitening the teeth naturally
- Increasing energy levels, by removing toxic matter from the system
- Detoxifying the body ( the mouth serves as the gateway for toxic contamination
- Aiding hormonal changes ( when the hormones do not have to compete with foreign invaders, they behave properly
- Reducing headaches and migraines ( addressing the problem with toxic load helps prevent such issues)
- Improving skin`s quality, as removing toxins that would otherwise end up in the bloodstream gives the skin an opportunity to shine
- Put ½ to 1 tablespoon of oil into the mouth
- Swirl the oil between the teeth and around the gums, allowing it to reach every area in the mouth
- Make sure it doesn’t get in contact with the throat!
- Swish the oil in the mouth from 15-20 minutes
- Spit it out!
- Brush the teeth with an all-natural toothpaste
- Rinse the mouth out
Note: No matter what you do, never swallow the oil as by doing so you will ingest the toxins you are trying to remove.
Source: Best Healthy Guide
-Help ‘Inspire Act Achieve’ to raise the vibration and SHARE this article with your family and friends.