Oh, the tradition of college.
So many say it’s a must, that going to college guarantees a better job.
Maybe you’ve heard you won’t be able to succeed at what you do without a degree. As times are changing, these overpriced establishments are becoming less and less valuable.
All of your information is online. If not EVERY PIECE OF INFORMATION YOU WILL EVER NEED, close to it. Colleges teach broad general electives that usually have nothing to do with the students’ majors and the young people are the ones holding the bill. We saw this in Bernie Sanders’ fight to make colleges tuition free; these establishments have, essentially, outlived their usefulness.
Related Article: Escaping The Matrix: 10 Ways To Deprogram Yourself
One student, Billy Willson, from Kansas State University, realized this after finishing a semester with a 4.0 GPA, saying what so many were possibly afraid to say. After all, what would your parents think?
Well, it gets to the point that common sense trumps your parents’ ideas. They’re just humans, prone to ignorance, like the rest of us. College has created an insane burden of debt on the population of the United States in the last 30 years and, after George Bush made it impossible to rinse your student loan debt away with bankruptcy in a 2005 bill, those of us that had taken out loans were stuck with them.
Willson made a public notice about his move, with a simple Facebook photo and message that went viral.
“Now that I’ve finished my first semester I think it’s safe to say… FUCK COLLEGE. Now before all you of you go batshit crazy… I have a few points to make.
- Yes I have dropped out after finishing my first semester (with a 4.0 GPA). And it’s one of the best choices I’ve ever made. Not because I am averse to learning, but actually the exact opposite.
- YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED. You may not see it today or tomorrow, but you will see it some day. Heck you may have already seen it if you’ve been through college. You are being put thousands into debt to learn things you will never even use. Wasting 4 years of your life to be stuck at a paycheck that grows slower than the rate of inflation. Paying $200 for a $6 textbook. Being taught by teacher’s who have never done what they’re teaching. Average income has increased 5x over the last 40 years while cost of college has increased 18x. You’re spending thousands of dollars to learn information you won’t ever even use just to get a piece of paper. I once even had an engineer tell me “I learned more in my first 30 days working than in my 5 years of college.” What does that tell you about this system? There are about a million more ways you’re being scammed into this.. just watch the video i’m gonna comment if you want to see more.
- Colleges are REQUIRING people to spend money taking gen. ed. courses to learn about the quadratic formula (and other shit they will never use) when they could be giving classes on MARRIAGE and HOW TO DO YOUR TAXES.”
Though Willson’s math may be slightly off, it is close. One study by the Government Accountability Office saw a 3x increase in tuition, relative to the increase in living expenses.
GAO found that:
- Between 1980 and 1995, average tuition at 4-year public colleges for in-state, full-time students increased 234 percent, while median household income increased 82 percent and the Consumer Price Index increased 74 percent;
- The increase in colleges’ expenditures and a greater dependency on tuition as a revenue source were the two factors most responsible for the tuition increase;
- Tuition revenues increased from 16 percent to 23 percent during this period, mainly because the revenue share provided by states decreased 14 percent;
- Student grant aid has not kept pace with tuition levels, so students and their families are relying more heavily on loans and personal finances;
- Increases in instruction, administrative, and research costs accounted for more than two-thirds of the 121 percent increase in total college expenditures;
So, remember, you’re not forced to go to these colleges. We may even be at a point where a strike is necessary to force them to go tuition free. Keep resisting the bull shit; you know what’s right for you.
-Help ‘Inspire Act Achieve’ to raise the vibration and SHARE this article with your family and friends.