The following Arnold Schwarzenegger speech was originally used during the his 2009 University of Southern California commencement address, at which he also received a honorary degree as a Doctor of Humane Letters.
In this motivational speech he gives the students a gift which consists of his own personal rules of success, ideas on how to achieve your goals, through his own life story.
He tells the students his own unbelievable story, emphasizing that he achieved all the dreams he had in life with strong desire, self-confidence and hard work.
He recognized that inside his head and heart was burning a desire to leave Austria and begin a new life in the USA. He wanted to be different and unique. He was driven to think big and to dream big.
Arnold Schwarzenegger has proven himself successful in several areas of his professional life. From seven-time Mr.Olympia bodybuilding champion, through Hollywood movie star, to Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms that everything is possible.
He succeeded with his dedication and hard work, without listening to the people who rejected him and laughed at him.
Like many others, he had his ups and downs, but he never gave up on anything. When a lot of people say he can’t do something, he always listens to himself and says “Yes, you can”, because he knows that hard work always pays off.
We are happy to share the following motivational video which we have specifically composed for the purpose of better experiencing his speech. This is our first video of this type so expect a lot more to come.
Enjoy watching the motivational video with his speech or read the written article below.
The six rules of success he talks about are following:
1. Trust yourself – Spend some time with yourself, so that you can figure out and listen what is deep inside you, what makes you truly happy, no matter how crazy or stupid it may sound to others.
2. Break the rules – Not the law, but feel free to break the rules. Think outside the box. Never listen to that you can’t do something. Breaking some of the rules is the only way to get anywhere you want.
3. Don’t be afraid to fail – If you’re paralyzed by fear of failure you’ll never push yourself to the limits. You can’t always win, so don’t be afraid of making decisions. Actually, a few failures will make you appreciate more your time and hard work.
4. Don’t listen to the naysayers – When someone is telling you that you can’t do something just because it’s never been done before, do it anyway, you might be the first one that will do it.
5. Work your butt off – This the most important rule of all. You never want to fail because you didn’t work hard enough! The time is limited, you only have 24 hours a day, so use them the best way you can.
6. Give something back – Give something to the people who need your help. That will definitely bring you more satisfaction than anything else you have ever done before.
These are his own golden rules of success, and it’s our choice if we want to apply all of them in our life, because we are not the same. Some of us are satisfied with less in life, while others want to be number one, just like him. Follow Arnold’s six rules of success, they will certainly help you achieve your biggest dreams, and live the life you’ve always wanted.
-Help ‘Inspire Act Achieve’ to raise the vibration and SHARE this article with your family and friends.