Enrich your life with these powerful Dalai Lama quotes!
His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, was born on 6 July 1935 to a Tibetan farming family.
At the age of two this child who was named Lhamo Thondup, and at that time was believed to be the reincarnation of the previous 13 Dalai Lama, Thubten Gyatso. He has become the fourteenth leader in a line of Buddhist spiritual and political leaders of Tibet at the age of four.
This world leader is promoting the essential and positive values in the entire world, such as: forgiveness, self-discipline, compassion, tolerance, and contentment. He is a spiritual leader like no other and is emphasizing the importance of happiness and world peace all his life.
Around 1950, the political condition of China was changing, and there were made plans to bring Tibet under Chinese control. After 9 years, Tibetans took to the streets intending to end the Chinese rule, but thousands of people were killed. Therefore, Dalai Lama fled from Tibet to India with thousands of followers, where he was welcomed. In 1989 he received the Nobel Peace Prize for maintaining a policy of non-violence with the Chinese government.
The name Dalai Lama means Ocean of Wisdom. Dalai Lama quotes are just a proоf of his wisdom, and are spread throughout the world by those who want to live a positive and fulfilled life. We compiled a list of 21 Dalai Lama quotes that will inspire you and will enrich your life.
1. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.
2. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
3. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
4. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
5. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
6. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
7. We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
8. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
9. Love is the absence of judgment.
10. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
11. There is a saying in Tibetan, “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.”
12. No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.
13. Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
14. Silence sometimes is the best answer.
15. People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.
16. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
Related Article: 25 Simple Ways to Be Incredibly Happy
17. When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways–either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.
18. When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, ‘Oh yes – I already have everything that I really need.’
19. Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
20. Look at situations from all angles, and you will become more open.
21. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
-Help ‘Inspire Act Achieve’ to raise the vibration and SHARE this article with your family and friends.