Steve Jobs was the most visionary businessperson of our time, who sadly died in 2011, but left a mark on the world, and continues to inspire all of us.
This business icon didn’t become successful overnight, but with his hard work, determination, and persistence, he has built Apple into the world’s most valuable company that we all know today.
He actually changed the way we live and think.
Among Steve Job’s legacy was a gift for presentation and speech-making that changed the way tech companies brought out new products. Jobs paid attention to every detail of the business and used interdisciplinary approach in his work. All of us should follow his example in order to accelerate our own success, and make our dreams come true.
We have rounded 20 Steve Jobs quotes in order to help you reach your career goals. Let these powerful words inspire you and lead you to the wanted success.
1. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
2. That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
3. I think money is a wonderful thing because it enables you to do things. It enables you to invest in ideas that don’t have a short-term payback.
4. We hire people who want to make the best things in the world.
5. My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each other’s negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.
6. For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
7. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
8. Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
9. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
10. You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.
11. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.
12. I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things
13. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.
14. When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.
15. The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
16. Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
17. We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and everyone should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.
18. Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.
19. Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.
20. You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
-Help ‘Inspire Act Achieve’ to raise the vibration and SHARE this article with your family and friends.